Palm Beach Erectile Dysfunction
Palm Beach Urology specializes in the latest treatment options for erectile dysfunction (ED)– the persistent inability to maintain an erection that is firm enough or lasts long enough to have sexual intercourse. This common problem is often caused by physical conditions, including prostate cancer, diabetes and cardiovascular disease. ED can limit your intimacy, affect your self-esteem and impact your most important relationships. But the good news is that nearly every case is treatable today…You don’t have to simply live with it.
Palm Beach Erectile Dysfunction Treatment Options
• Oral Medications (Viagra®, Levitra®, Cialis®)
• Vacuum Erection Devices
• Intraurethral Suppositories
• Penile Prostheses
The Satisfying Solution
Palm Beach Urology has extensive experience with penile prosthetic surgery. Penile prostheses have been in use for over 30 years, and offer a satisfying long-term solution for ED. In a study comparing ED treatment options, patients reported a 93% satisfaction rate with penile prostheses1 – which far surpasses satisfaction with other treatment options.
Benefits & Risks of a Penile Prosthesis
• Long-term solution
• Have an erection anytime you choose
• Allows for spontaneity – have sex when the mood strikes
• Maintain erection as long as you desire
• No ongoing costs for pills or shots
• Feels natural during intercourse2
• Doesn’t interfere with ejaculation or orgasm
• Will make latent natural or spontaneous erections as well as other interventional treatment options impossible
• If an infection occurs, the prosthesis may have to be removed
• May cause the penis to become shorter, curved or scarred
• May cause lasting pain
• There may be mechanical failure of the prosthesis
A penile implant is entirely concealed within the body and is designed to be simple and discrete to operate. It may offer a permanent, long-term solution to ED, and can help you return to an active, satisfying sex life.